All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionRisk management and contingency planning has really come to the fore since the first edition of this book was originally published. Computer failure, fire, fraud, robbery, accident, environmental damage, new regulations - business is constantly under threat. But how do you determine which are the most important dangers for your business? What can you do to lessen the chances of their happening - and minimize the impact if they do happen? In this comprehensive volume Kit Sadgrove shows how you can identify - and control - the relevant threats and ensure that your company will survive. He begins by asking 'What is risk?', 'How do we assess it?' and 'How can it be managed?' He goes on to examine in detail the key danger areas including finance, product quality, health and safety, security and the environment. With case studies, self-assessment exercises and checklists, each chapter looks systematically at what is involved and enables you to draw up action plans that could, for example, provide a defence in law or reduce your insurance premium. The new edition reflects the changes in the global environment, the new risks that have emerged and the effect of macroecomic factors on business profitability and success. The author has also included a set of case studies to illustrate his ideas in practice.
- Author BiographyKit Sadgrove is a management consultant specializing in the control of business risks. He is currently Director of The Business Institute, an independent research, training and consultancy organization. He has written numerous articles and is the author of several management books, including The Green Manager's Handbook, also published by Gower.
- Author(s)Kit Sadgrove
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 101 b&w illustrations
- Weight1378 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.