All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Complete Guide to Designing and Printing Fabric is a comprehensive handbook covering everything there is to kw about designing and printing fabric. The book walks readers through the entire fabric design process, from finding inspiration, through step-by-step tutorials on how to design a pattern (both digitally and by hand), looking at different printing methods (such as digital printing, screenprinting, moprinting, stamping, stencilling, resis dying, painting and inkjet printing), to establishing and developing a fabric collection, and approaching a manufacturer. The Complete Guide to Designing and Printing Fabric is full of advice from established fabric designers with clear, easy to follow step-by-step tutorials. Textile design is a competitive industry and learning how to design fabric is something that both designers and crafters with an avid interest in fabrics are keen to learn more about. Companies such as Spoon Flower (spoon.flower.com) have emerged, offering customers an affordable way to design and print their own fabric: upload a design and they digitally print the fabric for you. This accessibility means fabric design is increasingly popular.
- Author BiographyLaurie Wisbrun is a pattern and textile designer specialising in art for textiles, craft/hobby products, home decor products, wallpaper, stationery and paper goods, children's apparel and more. She left her career in marketing in 2008 to set up her own business producing limited-run fabric. She quickly developed a strong following online, with her quilts becoming particularly popular. In addition to an exhibition at Surtex 2010 as a pattern and textile designer, several of her designs have been licensed for two collections of Robert Kaufman Fabrics.
- Author(s)Laurie Wisbrun
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteOver 200 colour illustrations
- Weight954 g
- Width200 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.