The Complete Guide to Hunter Seat Training, Showing, and Judging: On the Flat and Over Fences by Anna Jane White-Mullin (Paperback / softback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.04+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe USEF and USPC have both listed The Complete Guide to Hunter Seat Training, Showing, and Judging by Anna-Jane White-Mullin as recommended reading. Never before has such a complete text on the American hunt seat and equitation disciplines been compiled! Based on Anna Jane White-Mullin's w out-of-print bestseller Winning and chock full of gorgeous, full-color photographs taken at Beacon Hill Show Stables owned by Stacia Madden, The Complete Guide to Hunter Seat Training, Showing, and Judging provides every aspiring equestrian the means for achieving greatness in the show ring. Beginning with a comprehensive overview of the basic principles of horsemanship recently re-emphasized as compulsory by such luminaries of the sport as George Morris and progressing through essential schooling exercises in the development of the hunter or equitation mount, as well as advanced concepts applicable to upper-level competition, Part One lays the amateur's riding and training foundation. You'll find: Discussion of collection and lengthening long, medium, and short frames Flatwork for improving the basic gaits cadence, pace, and transitions Training and showing tips for USEF Tests 1-19 patterns and how to prepare for them Introduction to hunter and equitation jump courses basic, intermediate, and advanced As an added bonus, the education of the rider is made complete with the inclusion of White-Mullin's famous text on judging hunters and equitation. Offering a complete discussion of the USEF rules, requirements, and tests, the second part of the book explains what judges look for and the training methods necessary to achieve the desired results.
- Author BiographyAnna Jane White-Mullin is a registered judge for the United States Equestrian Federation and the author of Judging Hunters and Hunter Seat Equitation and Winning: A Training and Showing Guide for Hunter Seat Riders. She lives in Gadsden, Alabama. Chrystine J. Tauber has held various positions within the United States Equestrian Federation (USEF), including Secretary and judge. She is a former member of the USET Show Jumping Team.
- Author(s)Anna Jane White-Mullin
- PublisherTrafalgar Square Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTrafalgar Square Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1179 g
- Width216 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Introduction byChrystine J Tauber
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.12Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.