All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA typical workshop doesn't always sound intriguing in fact, it's something most people try to avoid attending. Still, seminars are held each year in many fields and industries, and usually, two are alike. Although thousands of executives, employees, and other professionals dread the hours of lectures and preaching that the average conference involves, the one you're planning doesn't have to be the rm. The Complete Guide to Running Successful Workshops & Seminars is your complete guide to putting together an effective conference that is sure to be a hit from start to finish, regardless of your field and audience. In this new book, you will learn the ins and outs of planning a workshop, from general decisions about how long the event will last to the minute details such as where each person will check in and sit. This guide will teach you how to effectively target and communicate with your audience so you can give your attendees information they never knew they were missing. You will learn about the basics of leading a training program, such as what characteristics you should portray to show your authority and credibility, as well as the general structural elements of a workshop, seminar, and conference. This comprehensive book will help you define the reason why you are holding a workshop and will teach you to succinctly create an objective for your participants so you are destined for success. You will even learn how to evaluate and measure your accomplishments during, and after, the event to prove your true effectiveness and determine your program's strengths and weaknesses. Filled with information about how to build a budget and get funding for your workshop, this book addresses the financial aspect of holding an hour-, day-, or weekend-long event so you can adequately allocate your money. With your budget and objective in mind, you will learn how to choose the perfect venue for your workshop and how you can help your guests make any necessary travel arrangements or find a hotel. Planning and scheduling is a must, and this book gives step-by-step guidelines for breaking down each part of your event to ensure you are prepared to lead, teach, and speak at your seminar or workshop. Putting together an easy-to-understand presentation and visual aids will help you connect with your audience as you create invative course materials to add flair to your workshop. The day of the seminar, last-minute problems are sure to come up, which is why this exhaustively researched book includes common faux pas, mistakes, and disasters, along with the stress-free solutions to remedy any situation. We interviewed event planners and professionals who have held more than their share of conferences, workshops, and seminars, and they've shared their successes, and failures, to help you achieve, and avoid, the same things. With the tips for creating distinct content and engaging your audience in this book, your workshop, seminar, or conference will leave people wanting more.
- Author BiographyCopywriter and marketing consultant Kristie Lorette is passionate about helping entrepreneurs and businesses create copy and marketing pieces that sizzle, motivate, and sell. It is through her more than 14 years of experience working in various roles of marketing, including running an event and wedding planning service of her own for four years, that Lorette developed her widespread expertise in advanced business, marketing strategies, and communications. Lorette earned her B.S. in marketing and B.S. in multinational business from Florida State University, and her M.B.A. from Nova Southeastern University.
- Author(s)Kristie Lorette
- PublisherAtlantic Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/07/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOcala
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtlantic Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight356 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $105.10Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.