All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Complete Guide to Yoga for Fitness Professionals gives you the necessary skills to become a successful yoga teacher or practitioner. Whether you are looking for information on planning, structuring and delivering a yoga class, or are looking to increase your general understanding and appreciation of the history and ancient lineage of yoga, our experienced authors are here to help. Reaching beyond the typical 'how to' guides, this book t only covers the basics but also details more advanced teaching techniques. Master how to teach the classic asana pose, including the benefits, precautions, prohibitions and modifications of a selection of some other Hatha yoga postures. Higher level yoga practices are found in Part Three, along with information about how to deal with common conditions of participants encountered in a yoga class and any adaptations that need to be made to support them.
- Author BiographyDebbie Lawrence is a consultant and writer for the health and fitness industry and has over 30 years' experience as a fitness professional and educator. She is a qualified integrative counselor, a student of yoga and has a special interest in mental health and well-being. She has written a number of qualification and training resources for some of the leading awarding and training organisations in the sector, including: CYQ, The Open University, Active IQ, Yfit, VTCT and EDI. Conrad Paul is a yoga teacher and yoga therapist. He has over 23 years' experience in the fitness industry and is the founder and director of Yoga Professionals which has been offering yoga teacher training to meet the National Occupational Standards at Level 3, since 2007.
- Author(s)Conrad Paul,Debbie Lawrence
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Series TitleComplete Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Sport
- Weight640 g
- Width189 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.33Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.