Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a comprehensive visual guide and reference source for over 1250 birds of America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and the Polar regions, with expert analysis of size, shape, plumage, habitat, breeding, nests, eggs and food. It is illustrated throughout with over 1800 colour artworks, maps and photographs. A natural history section, featuring habitat artworks and tips on birdwatching, examines the evolution of birds and how they use flight, habitat, predatory instincts and migration to survive in their environment. This illustrated encyclopedia of birds of the world presents 1250 of the major avian species and families in existence. All birds are grouped by habitat and type - including oceanic, estuarine, freshwater, woodland, open country and urban species - with facts about plumage, bill shapes, distribution, size, food, eggs and nests. The life cycle and behaviour of birds is unravelled in a full-colour photographic natural history section, detailing anatomy, flight, feeding, pairing and nesting, plus the key types of avian habitats and the birds you are likely to encounter in them. There are also tips on birdwatching and fieldcraft, for those who want to get a closer look at these fascinating creatures.
- Author BiographyDavid Alderton's books have sold over four million copies worldwide, and they are now available in twenty-five languages. David is the former chairman of the National Council for Aviculture, and has been breeding and keeping birds for over 30 years. He contributes to a wide range of general and specialist publications. He writes a syndicated weekly newspaper column on petcare, and is a consultant to the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council, based in Washington, DC.
- Author(s)David Alderton
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication30/06/2006
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date16/09/2011
- Content Noteover 1800 colour photographs & artworks
- Weight1239 g
- Width186 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.