All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you are just beginning your journey or have been practising for years, this complete course in Pilates matwork is an invaluable resource, taking you through all Pilates exercises as originally conceived and practised by Joseph Pilates. Also included are pre-Pilates moves which are especially helpful for beginners. All exercises are shown step by step for beginner, intermediate and advanced levels, with instructions on adapting poses with supports such as cushions, blocks and dynabands, and alternative moves for those with special needs along with any contraindications. Careful attention is given to how poses are executed safely and with maximum effect.- A fully illustrated chapter details the anatomy and physiology of the human body, explaining its various functions and how each body system works. Advice on setting up your own practice is also included.
- Author BiographyAlan Herdman, a former dancer and teacher at the London School of Contemporary Dance, is a world-renowned Pilates expert. In the late 1960s he was invited to New York to learn the Joseph Pilates Method. There he worked intensively with Carola Trier and Bob Fitzgerald, instructors trained by Pilates himself. Although he was well regarded among New York's dance fraternity, Joseph Pilates was at that time unknown in the UK, and Alan returned in 1970 to set up Britain's first Pilates studio. Among his clients were actors, dancers and singers, but soon doctors and physiotherapists recommended Pilates to patients struggling with chronic injuries. Alan now lectures on Pilates around the world and runs his own studios in London. His books include The Pilates Directory, Pilates: A Busy Person's Guide, Pilates for Men, Pilates Plus and Pilates: Creating the Body You Want.
- Author(s)Alan Herdman
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Series TitleThe Complete Tutors
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGaia Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date26/01/2016
- Content NoteOver 400 colour photographs and artworks
- Weight882 g
- Width195 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.