All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst built in the 1960s for rescue work, the Rigid Inflatable Boat has revolutionised the marine market. The Complete RIB Manual, published to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the first RIB, is the ultimate reference catering all aspects of a RIB's design, handling and maintenance, aimed at all owners and users, both commercial and leisure. The emphasis of the book is entirely practical, and covers: 1. A History of the RIB * Early development * Modern design: leisure, commercial and military 2. RIB Handling * Impact of hull design, tube types, internal layout and engines * Driving techniques: throttle control and driving position * Advanced techniques for ecomy, sport and rough seas * Cruising: planning, weather, anchoring and communications * RIBs as tenders - stowing and towing * Launching and transportation * Safety and survival 3. Maintenance * Outboards, diesels, water jets, stern drives, fuel tanks and electrics * Tube care: cleaning, repair, replacement * Hull maintenance * Winter storage, checking for leaks, servicing The Complete RIB Manual is a comprehensive worldwide reference for all RIB owners and users, covering all the information necessary to handle and maintain a RIB of any size.
- Author BiographyDag Pike was involved in the development of the first ever RIB, has tested RNLI lifeboats and other rescue craft, and won a string of trophies for powerboat races around the world. He is now a navigation and powerboat journalist and the author of many books, including Disasters at Sea, Storms and Wild Water and Cruising Under Power all published by Adlard Coles Nautical.
- Author(s)Dag Pike
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/06/2013
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdlard Coles Nautical
- Content NoteColour photographs and diagrams throughout
- Weight876 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.64Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.