All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWeight loss surgery, also kwn as bariatric surgery, is a surgical procedure designed to help people decrease their food intake and change the way their body handles food - the result being significant weight loss. This comprehensive book provides information on the many procedures that are currently availabl, from the widely kwn laparoscopic adjustable gastric band (LAGB) to the duodenal switch and the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (gastric bypass). As importantly, it looks at the causes of obesity, obesity-related problems and standard treatments. All the risks and benefits associated with the surgery are examined, including recovery, potential long-term problems and risks, and measures of success. Because diet, portion size and lifestyle are integral to ensuring a successful surgical outcome, the second component of the book provides the resources for healthy eating, nutrition, supplements and making positive changes in lifestyle. To further ensure success, 150 recipes have been included that have been specially created with weight-loss patients in mind. Not only are they delicious, but they are nutritionally sound and designed to accommodate the techniques and diet stages required after surgery. This book is ideal for anyone considering weight loss surgery, who has had the surgery or who is looking for dietary and lifestyle strategies that have been created specifically to meet these unique requirements.
- Author BiographySue Ekserci, BASc, RD, has worked at Humber River Regional Hospital in several areas of dietetics, including medicine, pediatrics and prenatal, and she is currently a dietitian in the hospital's outpatient bariatric program. Laz Klein, MD, MSc, FRCS(C), is a staff surgeon at Humber River Regional Hospital in Toronto, where he converted the existing bariatric program from openA to laparoscopic,A and he is an assistant professor in the Department of Surgery at the University of Toronto.
- Author(s)Dr Laz Klein,Sue Ekserci
- PublisherRobert Rose Inc
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRobert Rose Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight744 g
- Width178 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.09Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.