All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.35
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $17.89Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionPrimo Levi, the Italian-born chemist once described by Philip Roth as that quicksilver little woodland creature enlivened by the forest's most astute intelligence, has largely been considered a heroic figure in the annals of twentieth-century literature for If This Is a Man, his haunting account of Auschwitz. Yet Levi's body of work extends considerably beyond his experience as a survivor. Now, the transformation of Levi from Holocaust memoirist to one of the twentieth century's greatest writers culminates in this publication of The Complete Works of Primo Levi. This magisterial collection finally gathers all of Levi's fourteen books-memoirs, essays, poetry, and fiction-into three slip-cased volumes. Thirteen of the books feature new translations, and the other is newly revised by the original translator. Nobel laureate Toni Morrison introduces Levi's writing as a triumph of human identity and worth over the pathology of human destruction. The appearance of this historic publication will occasion a major reappraisal of one of the most valuable writers of our time (Alfred Kazin). The Complete Works of Primo Levi features all new translations of: The Periodic Table, The Drowned and the Saved, The Truce, Natural Histories, Flaw of Form, The Wrench, Lilith, Other People's Trades, and If Not Now, When?-as well as all of Levi's poems, essays, and other nfiction work, some of which have never appeared before in English.
- Author BiographyPrimo Levi (1919-1987) was an Italian chemist and writer, best known for his memoirs If This Is a Man and The Periodic Table. Ann Goldstein, the translator of all of Elena Ferrante's novels, is an editor at The New Yorker and a recipient of a PEN Renato Poggioli Translation Award and a Guggenheim Fellowship. Toni Morrison is a winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature.
- PrizesCommended for New York Times Notable Book 2015.
- Author(s)Primo Levi
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiveright Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight4377 g
- Width170 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine147 mm
- Edited byAnn Goldstein
- Introduction byToni Morrison
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.