All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe yurt or ger is a low-impact structure that causes permanent damage to the land on which it is pitched. It is easy to erect and can be taken down in an hour. It is cool in summer and, with a stove, warm in winter. For centuries, people throughout central Asia have made yurts their homes. Robust and versatile, the yurt has evolved into the ultimate portable dwelling. Yurts are perfect for offices, summer houses, meditation spaces, spare rooms, or just beautifully satisfying spaces to be in! Join the thousands of North Americans who are discovering the many virtues of the yurt. Part One of the book delves into the history of the yurt and the principles behind its construction, and explores modern life in a Mongolian ger and the culture and etiquette of ger living. Part Two gives fully illustrated and detailed instructions on how to make several of the most popular types of yurt, including the weekend yurt. With a few common wood-working tools, even an absolute beginner could build the frame for this simple, elegant structure.
- Author(s)Paul King
- PublisherEco-Logic Books / Worldly Goods
- Date of Publication05/04/2001
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEco-Logic Books
- Content Note87ill.
- Weight290 g
- Width173 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.