All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by recognized experts, this edited book covers recent theoretical, experimental and applied issues in the growing fi eld of Complex Systems and Nonlinear Dynamics. It is divided into two parts, with the first section application based, incorporating the theory of bifurcation analysis, numerical computations of instabilities in dynamical systems and discussing experimental developments. The second part covers the broad category of statistical mechanics and dynamical systems. Several vel exciting theoretical and mathematical insights and their consequences are conveyed to the reader.
- Author BiographyJohan Dubbeldam holds a PhD in theoretical physics from the Department of Physics, Vrije Universiteit of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. He has been a lecturer in the mathematical physics group at the Delft Institute of Applied Mathematics (DIAM) since 2006. His work concentrates on dynamical systems in general, translocation of polymers, and the interaction between dynamics and topology on networks. Kirk Green holds a PhD in applied bifurcation analysis from the University of Bristol (UK). He is a project leader at the Centre for Mechanical and Maritime Structures, TNO (Delft, The Netherlands). He has particular expertise in the fields of spatial and time-delayed dynamical systems. His areas of research include Aeronautical, Mechanical, Optical and Structural Engineering, Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, and Computer Science. Daan Lenstra received the PhD degree from Delft University of Technology. Since 1979 he has researched topics in quantum electronics, quantum optics and condensed matter physics. He was chair in theoretical quantum electronics at the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam from 1991 to 2006, Scientific Director of COBRA, Eindhoven University, from 2004 to 2006 and since 2006 he is the Dean of the Faculty Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science at Delft University of Technology. Prof. Lenstra has (co)authored more than 350 publications in international scientifi c journals and (co)edited 7 books.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication14/01/2011
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight646 g
- Width180 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDaan Lenstra,Johan Dubbeldam,Kirk Green
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.