All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe depiction of computers on the various Star Trek series has ranged from lame to breathtakingly imaginative. This book covers the gamut, and makes lucid and entertaining comparison of these fictional computers with those that w exist or are likely to inhabit our future. Throughout its history, Star Trek has been an accurate reflection of contemporary ideas about computers and their role in our lives. Affectionately but without illusions, The Computers of Star Trek shows how those ideas compare with what we w kw we can and will do with computers.
- Author BiographyAs a computer specialist, Lois H. Gresh designs tests for security loopholes, as well as designing and coding corporate websites and systems. As a fiction writer, Gresh is the author of dozens of suspense and science fiction stories. She lives in Rochester, New York.Robert Weinberg's fiction writing has been nominated for the Hugo, World Fantasy, and Balrog awards, and he is a two-time winner of the World Fantasy Award. He lives in Chicago.
- Author(s)Lois H. Gresh,Robert Weinberg
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication07/05/2001
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight214 g
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $42.94
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.11
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.72
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $24.99
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.