Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.99Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis book reconsiders the central epistemological problem since Descartes: the relationship of Mind/World. This is done t through the direct examination of rationality but through an analysis of the concept of objectivity. The development of the idea of objective kwledge is traced from the Presocratics to its effective culmination in Renaissance Science. The argument is that history shows that the acceptance of either a foundational or criteriological theory of truth is t a condition for the occurrence of progressive kwledge. The book concludes with the argument that the apparatus for objective judgment might further, with suitable modification, be transferred to problem areas outside of the empirical investigation of the Physical and Social Sciences.
- Author(s)Kenneth G. Butler
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 5: Philosophy
- Series Part/Volume Number98
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note2 tabl., app.
- Weight600 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.