All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionEnterprises have to react instantly to changing market conditions and disturbances that occur during execution of value creation processes. Depending upon the processes' context, the goal is to significantly reduce lead times, reaction times, and time-to-market, among others. The vision of a real-time enterprise (RTE), which is able to sense and analyze events from internal and external sources, and perform adequate (re-)actions, has been envisaged by manufacturing enterprises. Daniel Metz presents a framework based on EDA and CEP towards the realization of RTE in manufacturing. The framework closes the vertical integration gap, and further, establishes feedback in (near) real-time among enterprise levels. As such, the framework provides a holistic and closed-loop control of (manufacturing) processes, and encompasses results and insights from management, engineering, and computer science. The framework has been implemented for a small and medium sized foundry in Germany. The developed control approach has led to a significant increase in (manufacturing) processes' efficiency (i.e., performance, quality, and availability).
- Author BiographyDr. Daniel Metz obtained his doctorate degree at the University of Siegen and is now working as a Software Engineer.
- Author(s)Daniel Metz
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication02/10/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer Gabler
- Content Note74 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight264 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.