All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the bestselling Oxford Companion to English Literature , this is an indispensable, compact guide to all aspects of English literature. For this revised edition, existing entries have been fully updated and 60 new entries have been added on contemporary writers, such as Peter Acroyd, Martin Amis, Toni Morrison, and Jeanette Winterson. Detailed new appendices include a chrology of English literature, and a listing of major literary prizes-winners. * Over 5,000 entries on the lives and works of authors, poets, and playwrights * Character entries and plot summaries * Literary movements, critics, and critical theories * Generous coverage of the literatures of other countries * New appendices listing literary prize-winners - including the Nobel, Booker, and Pulitzer prizes New entries: ACKROYD, Peter; AMIS, Martin; BANKS, Iain; BANKS, Lynne Reid; BANVILLE, John; BARNES, Julian; BAWDEN, Nina; BOYD, William; BRINK, Andre; BROOKNER, Anita; CAREY, Peter; CARTER, Angela; CHATWIN, Bruce; COETZEE, J. M.; COPE, Wendy; DAHL, Roald; DAVIES, W. This book is intended for students of English Literature from sixth form level upwards; anyone with an interest in English.
- Author BiographyAbout the Editors: Margaret Drabble is one of modern Britain's most distinguished novelists. Her books include The Middle Ground, The Realms of Gold, The Ice Age, and A Writer's Britain. Jenny Stringer was an assistant editor of The Oxford Companion to English Literature, Fifth Edition and has since contributed to and edited several other reference works.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/1996
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Paperback Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford Paperbacks
- Out-of-print date17/07/2003
- Weight443 g
- Width120 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byJenny Stringer,Margaret Drabble
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.