All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionRalph Waldo Emerson's 1860 book, The Conduct of Life is among the gems of his mature works. First published in the year of Abraham Lincoln's election as President, this work poses the questions of human freedom and fate. The book, here newly edited from the original 1860 edition and fully antated to illuminate and trace Emerson's references, is a great classic of American philosophy and literature.
- Author BiographyH.G. Callaway is the author of Context of Meaning and Analysis: A Critical Study in Philosophy of Language and co-author of American Ethics: A Source Book From Edwards to Dewey. Currently the Editor of Central European Value Studies, Professor Callaway has taught at The Pennsylvania State University, the University of Ibadan in Nigeria, the University of Erlangen, and the University of Mainz in Germany.
- Author(s)Ralph Waldo Emerson
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/03/2006
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width164 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byH. G. Callaway
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.