All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive guidebook to the fascinating aspects of the conservation and restoration of paintings. It explains clearly what happens in dealing with the confusing and multilayered problems encountered. The author discusses basic techniques, materials used in both the original paintings and in restoration, chemical formulas, the equipment and methods of handling and storage; he shows how many common pitfalls can be avoided, and offers other tips based on 30 years of experience. There are chapters on the Restorer and the Studio; Construction of Paintings; Technique of Painting; Revation and Repair; and a bibliography, glossary and index. Eleven line drawings illustrate restoration techniques and the assembly of components.
- Author BiographyJohn Clifton lives in Rudgwick, West Sussex, England. His watercolors and oils of marine subjects can be found on the east and west coasts of the United States and in England.
- Author(s)John Clifton
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.