All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe Constant Leader seeks to support and equip leaders in creating learning processes for the future while retaining personal perspective, equanimity and health. For the reader it is the next best thing to a personal mentor.The understanding of leadership has changed from being directive towards a people centred and future responsive style. Alongside this has been the growing awareness of the impact of emotional intelligence and its centrality in defining exemplary leadership.There is also a growing recognition of the intense toll on individuals who step up to lead groups within organisations and to lead the organisations themselves. This situation is being exacerbated by the imminent shortage of senior leaders within schools. This is in part due to the aging population of school leaders. It is also because many potential leaders are wary of taking on such demanding and potentially damaging roles. The Constant Leader explores the relationship between emotional intelligence and high performing leaders. Uniquely it identifies the impact of stress on decision-making. Most importantly it advocates strategies for retaining personal health whilst performing at a high level and in particular enhancing creativity.
- Author BiographyMax Coates is currently Programme Director for Working Together for Success for The London Leadership Centre. He also is a regional facilitator for NCSL's New Visions Programme for early headship. He was also researcher for the EPPI review of Citizenship Education. Other areas of work include mentor coaching, learning and motivation.
- Author(s)Max Coates
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/04/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNetwork Continuum Education
- Content Note15 bw illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.