Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $82.14+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsumption affects every aspect of the contemporary world, from the most intimate moments of everyday life to the great geopolitical struggles that have been set in train by the forces of globalization. Consumer culture has recast the world in its own image, and we are only just beginning to make sense of the ermous social, political, ecomic, moral, and environmental implications. By drawing from the arts, humanities, and social sciences, The Consumption Reader presents the history and geography of consumer societies, the social and political aspects of consumer culture, and the discourses and practices of consumption. It focuses in particular on the subjects, objects, spaces, and techlogies of consumer societies, and provides an accessible insight into the theoretical debates that surround the interest in consumption and consumerism. This reader offers an essential selection of the best work on the Consumer Society. The material is arranged to develop the student's kwledge through a logical progression, but it may also be read selectively to aid understanding of key issues, ideas, and authors. Students will appreciate its scope, clarity and ease of use, and the engaging, surprising, and thought provoking manner in which it brings together a diverse range of topics and theoretical perspectives.
- Author BiographyDavid B. Clarke is Senior Lecturer in Human Geography at the University of Leeds, Marcus A.Doel is Professor of Human Geography at the University of Wales, Swansea and Kate Housiaux is Marketing Officer of the John Hansard Gallery at the University of Southampton.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/05/2003
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight566 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDavid B. Clarke,David Clarke,Kate M.L. Housiaux,Marcus A. Doel
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.