All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- DescriptionMeditation is a simple and practical activity that can enrich our lives and work in innumerable ways. It allows us to connect more deeply to ourselves and others and to the environment. In this book, John P. Miller, an expert in the field of holistic education, looks at mediation and how it can be integrated into one's work and daily life. Twenty years after it was first published, Miller's book remains one of the best guides to applying contemplative practice, covering a variety of theoretical, empirical, historical, and cross-cultural approaches. For this new edition, Miller has updated the text to reflect the growth of the mindfulness movement, new research into the brain, and his years of experience teaching and practising contemplation in teacher education. Whether one is interested in exploring how meditation can be used in the classroom or the workplace, or simply seeking to integrate it into one's personal life, The Contemplative Practitioner is the perfect companion.
- Author BiographyJohn P. Miller is a professor in the Department of Curriculum, Teaching, and Learning at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto. He is the author or editor of 17 books on holistic learning and contemplative practices in education.
- Author(s)John P. Miller
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication08/11/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight300 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.