All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis work is written through an authentic systems perspective, by five coauthors with diverse expertise in a variety of areas. The contents include past and current roles in k-12 classroom teaching, special education, administration, college teaching, and state education administration. Concrete applications for use in the classrooms are presented, which utilize the systems approach and provides real life experiential strategies for implementing the concepts highlighted in the section. As readers are asked to translate theory into practice, the authors model this effort seamlessly and realistically. For example, the 'Parent-Teacher Communication' chapter supplies an abundance of promising practices from the individual teacher level, to the school level, to the district-level involvement among the elements of the system. The 'Techlogy' chapter discusses the best practices for teaching and learning through techlogy and highlights examples that are in use in schools today. In the 'Cultural Diversity' chapter, educators are given case studies and exemplars on how other districts, schools, or individual teachers have integrated diversity in their settings. The text invites the reader to absorb the theoretical aspects and view these through real life applications. The reader easily becomes a participant in the process of creating applications in classrooms through the discussion questions for each chapter, and the vignettes interspersed throughout the book.
- Author BiographyKerry Dunn, Ed.D is Assistant Professor of Teacher Education at Marist College Poughkeepsie, NY. John Scileppi, Ph.D. is the Department Chair of Psychology at Marist College Poughkeepsie, NY. Leslie Averna, M.S. is an Education Consultant and was formerly Associate Commissioner of Education for the State of Connecticut. Vanessa Zerillo, Ed.D. is the Academic Program Director of field-based Graduate Programs in Education at Southern New Hampshire University. Mark Skelding, M.Ed. is the Assistant Academic Coordinator of Graduate Programs in Education at Southern New Hampshire University.
- Author(s)John A. Scileppi,Kerry Dunn,Leslie Averna,Mark Skelding,Vanessa Zerillo
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/07/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight690 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.