All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe sociology of Erving Goffman has inspired generations of sociologists throughout the world. Students and scholars alike have in Goffman's unsurpassable and generous ability to capture the world of everyday life discovered an emporium of useful, incisive and quite often humorous analyses, concepts and ideas. The Contemporary Goffman highlights the continued relevance of Goffman to sociology and related disciplines - to theoretical discussions as well as to substantive empirical research - through contributions dealing with a variety of topics and themes. Some contributions concentrate on locating or reinterpreting Goffman's work as a special kind of sociology (as is found in his literary sensibilities or his fieldwork strategies). Others focus on overlooked aspects and neglected potentials of his sociology (by applying his perspective to studies of gender, emotions and violence), while others still relate his concepts and ideas to substantive research areas (such as the media, mobile telephones, hospitals, surveillance techlogies and tourism).
- Author BiographyMichael Hviid Jacobsen is a Professor in the Department of Sociology, Social Work and Organisation at Aalborg University, Denmark.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/08/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Social and Political Thought
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byProfessor Michael Hviid Jacobsen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.