All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Contemporary Pennsylvania Legislature, John J. Kennedy explores a variety of topics that are relevant for any small lawmaking institution. He investigates to what degree current social and techlogical changes have affected the Pennsylvania legislature and how it has been transformed from a part-time lawmaking body to a full-time professional institution. The data for Kennedy's study comes from a survey of legislators who served in the 1993-1994 Pennsylvania Assembly as well as candidates who ran for office but were defeated. Noting that political parties are on the decline in the U.S., Kennedy examines whether lawmakers are more inclined to follow their own interests, their parties', or those of their constituents when voting on particular issues. In addition to discussing the philosophical dispositions of legislators, he also examines the electoral experiences of defeated candidates. Kennedy's study is an important resource for those interested in American government, the legislative process, or political science.
- Author BiographyJohn J. Kennedy received his Ph.D. from Temple University in Philadelphia. He is an Instructor of Political Science at West Chester University.
- Author(s)John J. Kennedy
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication01/11/1999
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width152 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.