All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Contingency Plan is a double-bill of plays ( Resilience and On the Beach ) from the frontline of climate change. They stand alone but dove-tail together to present an epic portrait of an England of the near future, in which massive flooding has already destroyed Bristol and w threatens to sink the east coast. We see these events chiefly through the eyes of a bright young climatologist, somewhat reluctantly recruited by an increasingly desperate Government. Impressive in scale and genuinely chilling as a prediction of our immediate future, The Contingency Plan premiered at the Bush Theatre, London.
- Author BiographySTEVE WATERS's Fast Labour, about immigrant workers, was a hit at Hampstead last year. His earlier plays, World Music (about the Rwandan genocide) and The Unthinkable (about Labour think-tanks) were both first staged at Sheffield, with World Music transferring to the Donmar in London's West End. He runs the MA in Playwriting at the University of Birmingham. He lives in Cambridge.
- Author(s)Steve Waters
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication16/04/2009
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.