All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $15.89
About this product
- DescriptionSet in Australia in 1827, The Conversations at Curlow Creek is an extraordinary exploration of nature and justice, of the workings of fate, of intimacy, compassion, and duty. Two men talk through the night - a convict waiting to be hanged at dawn and the officer in charge of the hanging - revealing their pasts, discovering unlikely connections between their lives. And in the precise, evocative language and with the acute perception we have come to expect from David Malouf, the conversation between these two dissimilar men goes far beyond the details of their lives to express both the isolation of the individual and the experiences, shared in silence, that unite us all.
- Author BiographyDavid Malouf is the author of ten novels and six volumes of poetry. His novel The Great World was awarded both the prestigious Commonwealth Prize and the Prix Femina Estranger. Remembering Babylon was short-listed for the Booker Prize. He lives in Sydney, Australia.
- Author(s)David Malouf
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight272 g
- Width127 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.