Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.72+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe best place to start iOS application development The Core iOS Developer's Cookbook provides ready-to-use code solutions for common iOS challenges, providing recipes that help you master the core techlogy at the heart of iOS. Rewned iOS programming expert Erica Sadun and top iOS developer Rich Wardwell cover the topics you need to create successful mobile applications that take full advantage of iOS graphics, touches, and views. As in all of Sadun's iOS bestsellers, The Core iOS Developer's Cookbook translates modern best practices into working code, distilling key concepts into concise recipes you can easily understand and apply to your own projects. This isn't just cut-and-paste; using examples, Sadun and Wardwell fully explain both the how and why that underscore effective and successful iOS development. Coverage includes * Creating direct touch-based interfaces with multi-touch, gestures, and custom gesture recognizers * Building and customizing controls in powerful ways * Adding vel motion effects * Alerting users via pop-ups, progress bars, local tifications, popovers, audio cues, and more * Using Xcode modules to easily integrate system frameworks and headers * Assembling views and animation, organizing view hierarchies, and understanding how views work together * Supporting multiple screen geometries with the breakthrough Auto Layout constraints system * Controlling keyboards, making onscreen elements text aware, and efficiently scanning and formatting text * Organizing user workspaces with view controllers * Managing photos, videos, email, and text messages * Leveraging enhanced iOS support for social media activities, including Flickr and Vimeo * Implementing VoiceOver accessibility, including text-to-speech * Getting started with Core Data-managed data stores * Leveraging powerful networking and web services support * Using APIs to enhance the user experience
- Author BiographyErica Sadun is the bestselling author, coauthor, and contributor to several dozen books on programming, digital video and photography, and web design, including the widely popular The iOS 5 Developer's Cookbook. She currently blogs at TUAW.com and has blogged in the past at O'Reilly's Mac Devcenter, Lifehacker, and Ars Technica. In addition to being the author of dozens of iOS-native applications, Erica holds a Ph.D. in computer science from Georgia Tech's Graphics, Visualization and Usability Center. A geek, a programmer, and an author, she's never met a gadget she didn't love. When not writing, she and her geek husband parent three geeks-in-training, who regard their parents with restrained bemusement when they're not busy rewiring the house or plotting global dominance. Rich Wardwell is a senior iOS and Mac developer at Black Pixel, with more than 20 years of professional software development experience in server, desktop, and mobile spaces. He has been a primary developer on numerous top-ranking iOS apps in the Apple App Store, including apps for USA Today and Fox News. Rich has served as a technical editor for The Core iOS 6 Developer's Cookbook and The Advanced iOS 6 Developer's Cookbook, both by author Erica Sadun, as well as many other Addison-Wesley iOS developer titles. When not knee-deep in iOS code, Rich enjoys tractor therapy and working on his 30-acre farm in rural Georgia with his wife and children.
- Author(s)Erica Sadun,Rich Wardwell
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication09/03/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight996 g
- Width179 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.