All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionLeadership is a choice.You can choose to stay positive and in the moment, or you can let yourself be full of doubt and negativity. It takes as much energy to be frustrated as it does to be resourceful, and it's hard to be both at the same time.We tend to think of leadership as flashing swords, generals on horseback, and Winston Churchill. For all the achievement billed as leadership, I believe real leadership goes deeper. I've learned that true leadership is to win from the middle.Power lies in the middle of the organization, at its core, in its heart.We hear about strengthening the core, as a physical fitness or martial arts term. We strengthen our physical core through nutrition and exercise, to be better at delivering or taking a punch. And life is a punch; we all kw it. To strengthen our core, is to first discover the core of ourselves.To get to the core of leadership, we need to peel down through the layers of our lives. At the core of an apple are the seeds. At the core of our bodies is the heart. The seed is the essence of the apple, and the heart is the essence of our humanity, and in both lie the promise of new growth.Our core captures and radiates our life, and to be better requires strength. The center of who we are. Humble and sacrificed is the more true measure of teaching ourselves and others to win from the middle.
- Author BiographyJim Trunick is currently a senior director of commercial leadership development with a major health-care company. In this role he oversees sales coaching and leadership development. He is a certified instructor with Maximum Impact, DDI, Blanchard Management, Human Performance Institute (Corporate Athlete), Leadership Is A Choice, Discovery Insights Behavior Development, Yukon Negotiations Master trainer and Covey's 7 Habits. He has more than 25 years of health-care industry experience including medical sales and sales management, product marketing, professional relations, and U.S. sales operations. Jim is a graduate of The Ohio State University with a B.S. in Zoology. He and his wife, Cindy, are raising five children in Laguna Hills, California.
- Author(s)Jim Trunick
- PublisherAdvantage Media Group
- Date of Publication21/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdvantage Media Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.