All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA typically unsettling tale of different realities from a master of the genre Yielding to a compulsion he can't explain, Ted Barton interrupts his vacation in order to visit the town of his birth, Millgate, Virginia. But upon entering the sleepy, isolated little hamlet, Ted is distraught to find that the place bears resemblance to the one he left behind - and never did. He also discovers that in this Millgate Ted Barton died of scarlet fever when he was nine years old. Perhaps even more troubling is the fact that it is literally impossible to escape. Unable to leave, Ted struggles to find the reason for such disturbing incongruities, but before long, he finds himself in the midst of a struggle between good and evil that stretches far beyond the confines of the valley. Winner of both the HUGO and JOHN W. CAMPBELL AWARDs for best vel, widely regarded as the premiere science fiction writer of his day, and the object of cult-like adoration from his legions of fans, Philip K. Dick has come to be seen in a literary light that defies classification in much the same way as Borges and Calvi. With breathtaking insight, he utilizes vividly unfamiliar worlds to evoke the hauntingly and hilariously familiar in our society and ourselves.
- Author BiographyPhilip K. Dick (1928-1982) was born in Chicago but lived in California for most of his life. He went to college at Berkeley for a year, ran a record store and had his own classical music show on a local radio station. He published his first short story, BEYOND LIES THE WUB in 1952. Among his many fine novels are THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE, TIME OUT OF JOINT, DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP? and FLOW MY TEARS, THE POLICEMAN SAID.
- Author(s)Philip K. Dick
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication12/01/2006
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight148 g
- Width133 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.78
- AU $12.21Trending at AU $16.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.