Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe Counseling Skills Practice Manual is a practical guide for students who are working on improving their counseling skills. Designed as a companion to The Essential Counselor and its accompanying DVD of professionally demonstrated skills, this manual works directly with the student, offering a discussion of each skill set along with examples and practice exercises. The manual features 12 practice sessions, each of which focuses on a specific counseling skill set. Many of the essential skills are covered, such as using questions, nverbal behaviors, making reflections of client meaning, and feeling. But the student also gains practice here with other important skills, such as learning how to deal with clients in crisis and reluctant clients, how to appropriately confront, and how to give and receive accurate and supportive feedback to one ather. These practice sessions are designed to help the students recognize and build upon their natural interpersonal skill set as they learn new skills. They will help students become more competent in their use of counseling skills and feel more comfortable and confident in their roles as emerging counseling professionals.
- Author BiographyDavid R. Hutchinson prepares both undergraduate and graduate students for careers in psychology and counseling. His areas of special focus are group work, addictions, and grieving. A former Peace Corps volunteer, David's priorities include travel and maintaining an international perspective in his life and work. He has trained counselors in Grenada and established sister school relationships between five schools in Vermont and Grenada. In Vermont, David continues his emphasis on intensive, process-oriented coursework with long weekend retreats at an off-campus lodge near Caspian Lake in the woods of the Northeast Kingdom. In 2006, David was honored with the Distinguished Faculty of the Year Award. He holds positions on the boards of the New England School of Addiction Studies and Northwest Counseling and Support Services in Franklin County, Vermont. He received his doctoral degree from State University of New York, Buffalo.
- Author(s)David R. Hutchinson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication10/01/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteport.
- Weight295 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.