All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionThe new mystery set in Victorian England from the author of The Vanishing Thief... Who would suspect antiquarian bookseller Georgia Fenchurch of leading a double life as a private investigator for the clandestine Archivist Society in Victorian London? When England s national security is compromised, Georgia must pose as a titled lady to root out a spy A cousin of Georgia s dear friend, Lady Phyllida Monthalf, is brutally murdered in her home during the theft of blueprints of a new battleship designed by her husband who w stands accused of her murder and treason. The Duke of Blackford, in service to Whitehall, enlists Georgia and the Archivist Society to assist in the investigation. Playing the part of the duke s new paramour, Georgia gains entry into the upper echelons of London s elite, where amidst elegant dinners and elaborate parties a master spy schemes to lay hands on the stolen plans. The duke is stranger to the world of international espionage, but Georgia is out of her element in more ways than one. She must t allow her genuine attraction to the duke or her obsession with finding her parents killer to distract her from her role. But when a mysterious stranger threatens to expose her, the counterfeit lady may be in real trouble
- Author BiographyWhile other girls read Sleeping Beauty and Snow White, Kate Parker was pouring over her mother's Agatha Christie paperbacks. She fell in love with the England of Arthur Conan Doyle and Dorothy Sayers along with all that delectable murder and mystery. Combined with the historical nonfiction that was her father's reading choice, Kate became hooked for life on historical mysteries. When she leaves late Victorian London, Kate finds herself living with the love of her life amid the rivers, swamps, and sand of coastal Carolina. Kate's nineteenth century hometown is beautiful, but research has taught her to be grateful her home comes with twenty-first century conveniences.
- Author(s)Kate Parker
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleVictorian Bookshop Mystery
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintBerkley Publishing Corporation,U.S.
- Weight254 g
- Width131 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.