All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe advent of the internal combustion engine brought many changes to society, the most neglected of which is arguably the garages built throughout Britain to serve motor vehicles, which revolutionised rural life. Yet, for all the fame attached to the w well kwn heroes of early motoring, their exploits depended upon the energy and elbow grease of the early garage mechanic, and the petrol served on the forecourt by his wife from a hand-cranked pump. This book is a reminder of those days and of those men and women who held the tools to the motor industry's success.
- Author BiographyThe late Llyn E. Morris was born and brought up in north Herefordshire. He crossed the border into Wales to receive secondary and higher education: at Presteigne Grammar School and then the University College of North Wales, Bangor, and later the University College of Wales at Aberystwyth. He returned to his home county, where he was a lecturer at the Herefordshire College of Technology.
- Author(s)Llyn E. Morris
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/05/1985
- Series TitleShire Library
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 129
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight54 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine4 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.