All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Covenant Motif in Jeremiah's Book of Comfort: Textual and Intertextual Studies of Jeremiah 30-33 examines Jeremiah's promise of a new covenant that God will interiorize his law into people's hearts. This in-depth syntactic, semantic, and pragmatic study of selected texts in Jeremiah 30-33 comprises the foundation for a superb biblical theology of the new covenant. God's pledge that this covenant is t like the one I made with your fathers is explored in relation to the Abrahamic, Mosaic, and Davidic covenants. Tiberius Rata makes a theologically and hermeneutically balanced incursion into Old Testament texts used in the New Testament and provides a springboard for further discussion on difficult yet important issues such as the Lord's Supper and the future of Israel.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Tiberius Rata is Professor of Old Testament Studies at Grace Theological Seminary in Winona Lake, Indiana. He received his Ph.D. in Old Testament from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois. Dr. Rata has published several articles in professional journals and dictionaries. Currently, he is working on an Ezra-Nehemiah commentary.
- Author(s)Tiberius Rata
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleStudies in Biblical Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number105
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight490 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.