All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionCowley Road, Oxford, is a wonderfully chaotic, cultural and culinary crossroads. Geographically adjacent to the university's dreaming spires, ethgraphically it might as well be on ather planet. From its holy medieval origins to its attraction some 800 years later as ather place of pilgrimage for the first wave of post-war overseas emigrants, Martin Stott weaves a fascinating story of a street with its own unique 'sense of place'. Today this is evident in its myriad and multicultural food shops, restaurants, cafes, take-aways and other eateries as well as allotments, community gardens, street markets, and annual carnival. This is also a history of hospitality-for outcasts / lepers, pilgrims, travellers, scholars, refugees and migrants. Cowley Road's varied gastromy is prepped, cooked and served up with a selection of over 60 historic and contemporary recipes to give a real taste for this culinary 'terroir'. From a 13th-century pottage dish to modern day celeriac and potato mash with Oxford sausages, and Rick's ackee and salt-fish, The Cowley Road Cookbook will appeal to anyone who wishes to try a taste of Oxford's richly diverse food culture.
- Author BiographyMartin Stott has lived in and around Cowley Road for over 35 years. He has been a City councillor, school governor, campaigner and activist. Martin blogs on food, growing and gardening as Lord Muck http://martin-stott.com/blog/.
- PublisherSignal Books Ltd
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSignal Books Ltd
- Content Note100 full colour illus
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.