All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHear about the guy whose nickname was 'Heid Furst'? His real name was R. Slater Hear about the stupit skindiver? He didny have a scuba. Glaswegians have always enjoyed a good laugh, and the home-grown variety best of all. This new and expanded edition of Michael Munro's best-selling book is a hilarious compendium of Glasgow humour. In addition to classics that never fail to amuse, it also features new jokes and stories, showing that the famous Glasgow tongue is as sharp and inventive as it has always been.
- Author BiographyMichael Munro has lived in Glasgow his entire life and is the leading authority on the city's unique and expressive dialect. He is a freelance writer, editor, and lexicographer who formerly worked with Collins. He is the author of The Complete Patter and Pardon My English!. Bob Dewar is an illustrator whose work has appeared in Holyrood magazine, the Scotch Malt Whisky newsletter, and the Scottish Field. He contributed political and social commentary to the Scotsman for 15 years and has had art exhibitions in Edinburgh and Italy. He is the illustrator of The Arbroath Smokie Bible, The Italian Sausage Bible, The Macsween Haggis Bible, Midges, and The Scottish Salmon Bible.
- Author(s)Michael Munro
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication03/10/2013
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Content Notecartoons throughout
- Weight181 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.