All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionGentle but highly strung, Janet must support her Afrikaner husband in his new job as a plain-clothes policeman and specialist interrogator. Hektor-Jan heads off to work on New Year's Day, aware that he is unbearably close to a bloody drama about to unfold. As Janet's world tightens and threatens to fracture, she must look to her children and cling to the support of Alice, her black maid, and Solomon, her ever-faithful gardener. All too conscious of her own emotional fragility, Janet watches her mother slip into the folds of 'Old Timers' disease. And next door, the lurking, unfathomable Doug is up to good. As the crack in the swimming pool widens, can Janet bridge the gaps that threaten them all? Written with tenderness and disquieting power, Christopher Radmann exposes a brutal centre that cant hold - and reveals how in apartheid South Africa, things must crack and fall apart.
- Author BiographyChristopher Radmann is from South Africa but has lived in England for the last twelve years. He is Head of Sixth Form and Head of English at a boarding school in Hampshire, England, where he lives with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)Christopher Radmann
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.