Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionPulitzer Prize-winning author Donald M. Murray takes a lively and inspiring approach to writing and revision that does t condescend but invites students into the writer's studio.
- Author BiographyDonald M. Murray was a Professor of English at the University of New Hampshire where he inaugurated a journalism program, helped establish a graduate program in Composition Studies, and served as director of Freshman English and English Department chairperson. He twice won awards for his teaching and was awarded honorary doctoral degrees by the University of New Hampshire in 1990, Fitchburg State College in 1992, and New Hampshire College in 1997. As a journalist, Murray won a number of awards including the Pulitzer Prize for editorial writing in the _Boston Herald_ in 1954. He was an editor of _Time_ and has served as writing coach for several newspapers, including the _Boston Globe_ and the _Providence Journal_. In 1991 Boston magazine and in 1996 _Improper Bostonian_ magazine selected him best columnist in Boston. In 1997 the University of New Hampshire opened the Donald M. Murray Journalism Library. He received recognition for Lifetime Achievement during the New Hampshire Literary Awards in 2001. In 2003 _Writing on the Edge_ established the Donald M. Murray Prize. This award is given to the author of the best work of creative nonfiction on the subject of writing published the previous year.
- Author(s)Donald Murray
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication05/04/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinle & Heinle Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Weight293 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.