All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionIn this intriguing study, William Kinderman opens the door to the composer's workshop, investigating t just the final outcome but the process of creative endeavor in music. Focusing on the stages of composition, Kinderman maintains that the most rigorous basis for the study of artistic creativity comes t from anecdotal or autobiographical reports, but from original handwritten sketches, drafts, revised manuscripts, and corrected proof sheets. He explores works of major composers from the eighteenth century to the present, from Mozart's pia music and Beethoven's Pia Trio in F to Kurtag's Kafka Fragments and Hommage a R. Sch. Other chapters examine Robert Schumann's Fantasie in C, Mahler's Fifth Symphony, and Bartok's Dance Suite. Revealing the diversity of sources, rejected passages and movements, fragmentary unfinished works, and aborted projects that were absorbed into finished compositions, The Creative Process in Music from Mozart to Kurtag illustrates the wealth of insight that can be gained through studying the creative process.
- Author BiographyWilliam Kinderman is a professor of music at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He is the author or editor of a dozen books, including The String Quartets of Beethoven and the three-volume study Artaria 195: Beethoven's Sketchbook for the Missa solemnis and the Piano Sonata in E Major, Opus 109. He is General Editor of the Beethoven Sketchbook Series published by the University of Illinois Press.
- Author(s)William Kinderman
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Note22 black and white photographs, 45 musical examples
- Weight717 g
- Width4522 mm
- Height6452 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.