All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a companion to The Creative Writing Handbook - w in its second edition. It is very much aimed at the individual writer, based on the idea that real writing comes from within and that writing is a craft, skill with determination, art with attitude. The book is filled with useful ideas and inspiring techniques for exploring and exploiting resources available, both within and without. It focuses on three major areas - the writer's roots (family, class and gender), the writer's resources (memory and language) and the writer's art (form and technique). Chapters focus on many topics, including how memory shapes a writer's material, the pro-creative force of words and the ambiguities of art and artfulness. Many examples of established writers' works are cited to give the fledgling writer much practical help.
- Author BiographyJOHN SINGLETON was the main editor of The Creative Writing Handbook and has taught creative writing for many years. He was formerly Head of Creative Writing at Manchester Metropolitan University.
- Author(s)John Singleton
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication22/03/2001
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight371 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.