Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionEamon Duffy explores the first and longest section of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, its teaching on the basic framework of Catholic belief, as found in the Apostle's Creed. Drawing on material from a whole range of Christian traditions, from the scriptures and early fathers to the work of modern theologians like Hans Urs von Balthasar and Juan Luis Segundo, he traces the distinctive ideas at work in the Catechism, and assesses its faithfulness to the teachings of the council. His book provides catechists, priests, teachers and the general reader with a n-technical and fascinating guide to the Catechism, in the light of theological developments and debate in the Church since the Council. Illustrated with material from contemporary literature as well as theology and liturgy, it also provides an introduction in its own right to some of the most fundamental and urgent themes of Christian belief.
- Author BiographyEamon Duffy is Professor of the History of Christianity at the University of Cambridge and President of Magdalene College. He is the author of the seminal study, The Stripping of the Altars and the recent Faith of Our Fathers. (Continuum).
- Author(s)Eamon Duffy
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/05/2005
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBurns & Oates Ltd
- Out-of-print date09/02/2017
- Weight168 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.