All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Detective Story Club's first short story anthology is based around a London detective club and includes three newly discovered tales unpublished for 100 years, plus a story bearing an uncanny resemblance to a Conan Doyle Sherlock Holmes story but written some seven years earlier. 'You will seek in vain in any book of reference for the name of The Crime Club. Its watchword is secrecy. Its members wear the mask of mystery, but they form the most powerful organisation against master criminals ever kwn. The Crime Club is an international club composed of men, but they spend their lives studying crime and criminals. In its headquarters are to be found men from Scotland Yard and many foreign detectives and secret service agents. This book tells of their greatest victories over crime and is written, in association with George Dilt, by a former member of the criminal investigation department of Scotland Yard.' With its highly evocative title, The Crime Club was the first collection of short stories published by the Detective Story Club. Co-authored by CID Superintendent Frank Froest and police historian George Dilt, these entertaining mysteries left readers guessing how many were based on true cases. This Detective Story Club classic is introduced by David Brawn, who looks at how the The Crime Club inspired a turning point in British book publishing, and includes three newly discovered stories by Froest and Dilt.
- Author BiographyFrank Castle Froest was born in the West of England around 1858. Working with the journalist George Dilnot, he wrote The Grell Mystery. Together they co-authored two further works of fiction: The Crime Club (1915) and The Rogues' Syndicate (1916). After his wife died in 1916, Frank moved into politics and was elected to Somerset County Council. He died in 1930.
- Author(s)Frank Froest,George Dilnot
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleThe Detective Club
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCollins Crime Club
- Weight310 g
- Width126 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Introduction byDavid Brawn
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.04
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.