All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe Criminal Trial Handbook is a concise and practical treatise that sets forth the nuts and bolts of what every lawyer needs to kw to competently and effectively try a criminal case. Designed for use by both prosecutors and defense attorneys, experienced and inexperienced, the handbook is compiled and written by a California Superior Court judge with nearly 30 years of courtroom experience. It follows the natural progression of a jury trial from the first day counsel arrive at the courtroom through the closing argument. At each stage of a trial, the applicable rules of courtroom procedure and evidence are explained. It covers common evidentiary trial issues, such as hearsay and character evidence, and includes the verbatim text for some of the most commonly used California Evidence Code sections and selected case law authorities. Topics covered include: Pre-Trial Motions Discovery Jury Selection Opening Statements and Closing Arguments Direct Examination Cross-Examination Expert Witnesses Hearsay Character Evidence Writings Foundational Requirements for Evidence Objections Deliberations In addition, the handbook describes basic trial tactics, such as how to effectively cross-examine a witness, how to present evidence in the courtroom, and how to make persuasive opening statements or closing arguments. It also contains Trial Tips, practical suggestions for the courtroom t ordinarily found in other legal treatises or law books. Although primarily geared towards criminal law, many of the trial procedures and tactics discussed are equally applicable in civil trials. The handbook is also a great resource for law students or anyone interested in learning the fundamentals of a criminal jury trial.
- Author BiographyMark Curry is currently a Superior Court Judge for the County of Placer, California. He was appointed to the bench in 2007 by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and has presided over more than 100 criminal jury trials. Prior to his appointment, he was a Deputy District Attorney at the Sacramento County District Attorney's Office for 21 years. As a prosecutor, he was assigned primarily to the gang and homicide divisions where he tried more than 25 murder cases. He is 1986 graduate from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law.
- Author(s)Mark Curry
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.