All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs social democracy in a terminal condition in Europe? Social democracy is in office almost where in Europe and seems to be out of ideas in the face of the ecomic crisis that might have given it a historic opportunity. While accepting the truth of this, this volume takes a stand again those who claim that social democracy is dead. By arguing that social democracy is t a single set of ideas or practices but a way of reconciling market capitalism with social inclusion and equality, the contributors show that it has actually been remarkably successful during the 20th century. Its key principles are still relevant but must be adapted to new conditions. In this book, Keating and McCrone examine the fortunes of social democracy in western and east central Europe and the policy challenges in ecomic policy, labour markets, social welfare, public services, integration and decentralisation.
- Author BiographyMichael Keating is Professor of Politics at the University of Aberdeen and the University of Edinburgh. David McCrone is Emeritus Professor of Sociology at the University of Edinburgh.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note27 b&w illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDavid McCrone,Michael Keating
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.