All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSerena Fass has attempted to illustrate Jesus' Great Commission: Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved. (Mark 16: 15 - 16) and has presented a balance between the many different strands of the Christian faith, for each century, from the earliest Christians in Pompeii until today, and criss-crossing the globe from North to South: from Norway to Mozambique - and West to East: from Peru to Australia. Categories include architecture, painting, sculpture, ivories, textiles, metalwork, jewellery and portraits of people wearing crosses, as well as examples of the cross in nature.
- Author BiographySerena Fass began taking photographs when she was seven and has continued all her life: in Europe as a teenager, then in Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Iran and India before she started her travel company Serenissima in 1972, of which John Julius Norwich was Chairman. Serena was soon on her way to Peru, Mexico, Egypt, Ethiopia, Syria, Israel, Russia, Georgia, Armenia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Burma, Indonesia, China, Japan and Australia, always with her camera, as she did reconnaissance or led tours for Serenissima. In 1974 she compiled a book of meditations and images: FACES OF INDIA to raise money for Mother Teresa of Calcutta. This winning formula gave her the idea of doing the same thing with her many images of crosses. The result has eventually crystallised into this book which she has taken fourteen years to complete, adding meditations from some of her favourite saints, poets and many of her friends. Meanwhile she has continued to lead tours for both Noble Caledonia and TransIndus Travel in addition to lecturing on Swan Hellenic & Saga cruises. Serena has given nine illustrated fund raising lectures at the Royal Geographic Society, as well as to the Friends of the Victoria & Albert Museum and the Nehru Centre in London. She continues to travel widely.
- Author(s)Serena Fass
- PublisherGilgamesh Publishing
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGilgamesh Publishing
- Content Noteover 200 original photographs
- Weight1500 g
- Width195 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byCharles
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.