Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Cross and Creation in Christian Liturgy and Art Christopher Irvine explores how the cross can be read and understood by exploring its place and function in the architectural setting of Christian worship, in the artwork that is placed there, and in rituals and worship texts. Thus, Irvine recovers the links between the cross and creation and relates the baptismal covenant to a commitment to care for creation. Readers will begin to see how Christ's sacrifice is related both to the Eucharist and to the natural world as God's creation.Clergy and laity who are particularly interested in worship and art will find this book, which includes a four-color section, very helpful. Irvine encourages readers to see worship as a fitting response to the Christian vision of life flourishing in paradise.
- Author(s)Christopher Irvine
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight367 g
- Width141 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Foreword byMaster Rowan Williams
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.