Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis study of the cross-cultural transmission of the Christian faith looks at how Christianity became a world faith, the role of Africa in Christian history and the missionary movements of the West. It reaches back to Eusebius of Edessa in the 4th century and down to the contemporary world, from Old Athens and New Jerusalem to the vast continents of South America, Asia and Africa. On the way it offers fresh understandings of Pentecostalism, African traditional religion, and the ironic ways in which the western missionary movement often accomplished things - both for good and for ill - that its agents never dreamed of.
- Author BiographyAndrew F. Walls is Professor of World Christianity at Princeton Theological Seminary and the founder of the Center for the Study of Christianity in the non-Western World at the University of Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Andrew F. Walls
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/03/2002
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.