All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe poems of The Crossing join moments of confusion to moments of clarity. From the unravelling of a modern, suburban family to the longing of a dying farm wife, there are bridges built in these pages: between intellect and intuition, tragedy and joy, the transcendent and the human. These poems, like pieces of mosaic, form an image that depicts our complexities and failings with compassion, and return us to the simplicity of experience honestly lived and authentically recorded. Ranek's work is marked by vivid imagery and precise metaphor. Drawing on both traditional and modern forms, eastern and western religious mythologies, and the peaks and valleys of human relationships, he forges a vision of reality that listen[s] through / the smoke of...words for the burning / at the source.
- Author BiographyJason Ranek lives in Norway with his wife and three children. Originally from South Dakota, he is a graduate of the University of Nebraska Omaha and his poetry has appeared in magazines and journals on both sides of the Atlantic. He is currently working on a long series of poems based on the work of Norwegian sculptor Gustav Vigeland. This is his first full-length collection.
- Author(s)Jason Ranek
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.