All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $30.69
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.22
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $22.04
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.00
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.67
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionWhen his mother commits suicide in the winter of 1992, University of Texas sophomore Joel Grayson represses the circumstances surrounding his death and his fear that he might be responsible. His best friend, James Fielding, becomes his lifeline, supporting his attempts to create a space for himself and his art. But Joel's past writhes beneath the surface, ready to seep through the cracks at any moment, leaving him unable to work. As memories of his abusive childhood force themselves to the forefront, Joel reaches out to Adam Atwater, a one-night stand laden with possibility. Can Joel find salvation in Adam? Or will he summon the courage to save himself? From the author of the vel, I, too, Have Suffered in the Garden, comes a story about longing, loyalty and what happens when we lose ourselves in love.
- Author BiographyJennifer Hritz has avid memories of lugging armfuls of books home from the public library in her neighborhood. The author of two novels, The Crossing, and I, too, Have Suffered in the Garden, Jennifer also holds both an M.A. in Literature and Language and a PhD in American Literature. Her first short story won the Chris O'Malley Fiction Prize and was published in The Madison Review. Themes of memory, psychological trauma and betrayal fill her fiction, including her forthcoming third novel, Slow Burn, but she's keen on keeping her personal life light. She lives in Austin with her son, where she practices yoga, collects local art and once posed as a mermaid in an underwater photo shoot.
- Author(s)Jennifer Hritz
- PublisherJennifer Hritz
- Date of Publication13/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJennifer Hritz
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.