All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide is a celebration of the beauty of birds and the British and Irish countryside. Aimed at beginner and intermediate birders, yet suitable for all levels, this new volume in the groundbreaking Crossley ID Guide series is the most user-friendly guide to the birds of Britain and Ireland. Following The Crossley ID Guides' award-winning design, this book looks at all regularly occurring species in Britain and Ireland, and shows readers how to identify birds in their natural habitats using size, structure, shape, probability, and behavior--just like the experts do! Stunning images are accompanied by the colorful and compelling text of Dominic Couzens, one of Britain's leading nature writers. This unique book treats more than 300 species--all the regularly occurring birds likely to be encountered by observers--and the guide's attractive pages provide a real-life approach to bird identification. Beautiful, in-focus scenes present birds in various plumages and in lifelike poses set in identifiable British and Irish habitats. The plates also illustrate how a bird's appearance changes with distance. Organizing images in cohesive, easy-to-understand plates rather than as separate photographs, this book also sets itself apart by containing more images that demonstrate flight, behavior, habitat, and plumages than any other volume available. Not only is this field guide a reference book, it is also a spectacular teaching resource that makes it easy for nature enthusiasts to see and appreciate the big picture of bird identification. * The most user-friendly guide to the birds of Britain and Ireland * A close look at more than 300 regularly occurring species * Award-winning Crossley ID Guide design * Lifelike images of birds from near to far * A celebration of the British and Irish countryside * A teaching and field guide and essential reference * Concise and compelling text by Dominic Couzens and Richard Crossley
- Author BiographyRichard Crossley is an internationally acclaimed birder and photographer and the award-winning author of The Crossley ID Guide series (Princeton/Crossley Books), which has been recognized for its pioneering approach to bird identification. He is also a coauthor of The Shorebird Guide, the cofounder of the Pledge to Fledge global birding initiative, and he is working on multiple birding projects involving mixed media. Dominic Couzens is one of Britain's best-known wildlife writers. He contributes regularly to Bird Watching and BBC Wildlife magazines, and he is also a professional field-trip guide. His books include The Secret Lives of Garden Birds, Top 100 Birding Sites of the World, and Extreme Birds.
- Author(s)Dominic Couzens,Richard Crossley
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication11/10/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleThe Crossley ID Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note300+ color plates. 250 maps.
- Weight771 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.