All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the author's own vivid experiences, The Cruel Sea is the nail-biting story of the crew of HMS Compass Rose, a corvette assigned to protect convoys in World War Two. Darting back and forth across the icy North Atlantic, Compass Rose played a deadly cat and mouse game with packs of German U-boats lying in wait beneath the ocean waves. Packed with tension and vivid descriptions of agonizing U-boat hunts, this tale of the most bitter and chilling campaign of the war tells of ordinary, heroic men who had to face a brutal menace which would strike without warning from the deep ...
- Author BiographyNicholas Monsarrat was born in Liverpool in 1910. At the beginning of the war he joined the RNVR as a sub-lieutenant and attained the rank of Lieutenant-Commander. He died in August 1979 and his ashes were later scattered over the sea.
- Author(s)Nicholas Monsarrat
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/08/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin World War II Collection
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content Notemaps
- Weight308 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.