All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the author's own vivid experiences, The Cruel Sea is the nail-biting story of the crew of HMS Compass Rose, a corvette assigned to protect convoys in World War Two. Darting back and forth across the icy North Atlantic, Compass Rose played a deadly cat and mouse game with packs of German U-boats lying in wait beneath the ocean waves. Packed with tension and vivid descriptions of agonizing U-boat hunts, this tale of the most bitter and chilling campaign of the war tells of ordinary, heroic men who had to face a brutal menace which would strike without warning from the deep ...
- Author BiographyNicholas Monsarrat was born in Liverpool in 1910. At the beginning of the war he joined the RNVR as a sub-lieutenant and attained the rank of Lieutenant-Commander. He died in August 1979 and his ashes were later scattered over the sea.
- Author(s)Nicholas Monsarrat
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/08/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin World War II Collection
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content Notemaps
- Weight308 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $98.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.